Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake Fall-Out:

Upon sending my "Earthquake message" about our 5.8 quake in Virginia, a few of you responded with your stories below.  This was the largest earthquake in Virginia since 1879.


From Sophia:


I was thinking of you there in Virginia, I'm glad you're ok! I thought I was having a dizzy spell, until I saw the water in the fish tank sloshing!!!  :)
From Julia
:
Welcome to the Californian way of life (hahahha)!!! The first time I felt an earthquake was the big Loma Prieta. I thought I must be sick and loosing my equilibrium! It's very unnerving but you get used to them after awhile. Hope you don't have any more to out that to practice!!!
Glad you had a good vacation. 
Have a great week!
:)
Julia

From Karen L
:
Wow!!  My friend here in Georgia just posted on FB that she felt it.  I was outside rolling around on the ground with a litter of puppies so I was having my own
little personal earthquake. LOL

Once we went to Yosemite on vacation and the 2nd morning we were there we were shaken out of bed at 5:30 am!  Having never been in a quake before, I
just jumped up and down on the bed yelling 'Earthquake, earthquake" then I ran outside in my pajamas.  I looked around and realized I was the only one outside - I guess people out there are used to that sort of thing.

Glad you are ok.
Karen

From BG:
In other words, things are shaking up with Kim Designs! LOL


 
----
Cheer from the 5.8 Earthquake State,
Kim