Thursday, February 14, 2013

About Kim Designs - our beginnings:


Hi Everyone,

Just for fun - I am sharing this Question and Answer session I had with another designer.
Hope you will learn something more about Kim Designs if you do take time to read it.

When and why was KD born? KD was born from a Chinese fortune cookie that said:  It is time to formally help others.  (At this time in May 2005, I was a marketing director for my husband’s e-commerce area rug company and it was getting too big of a job for me to handle.  In our area rug company, all these rug designers kept sending us their new area rug designs and I thought – how beautiful these designs.  Then with this fortune cookie message I thought – I know, I can use my e-commerce and marketing knowledge/expertise and put these designers in touch with manufacturers to buy their designs and that is how I started).  I truly started KD from the prompting of this fortune cookie message.

How many years have you been  working with designers/artist? Since May 2005.

What industries do your artists create for?  We cover the spectrum, from textiles, paper (gift-wrap/stationery), apparel to home décor.  Everything that has art or a pattern on it – we want to supply the designs to the manufacturer or retailer of the goods.
Who are your top clients? 

Due to confidentiality, we have to be careful but this is a list that I am comfortable saying that our art and designs have found their way to:

*Our product & design development work can be seen here – to name a “few”:
Pottery Barn / Williams Sonoma
Wal-mart
Target
Hasbro
Newell/ Graco Baby
Sears
Costco
JCPenney
LLBean
Bath & Body Works
Sharock Corporation
Kleenex Brands
CVS
Avon
Big Lots
Neiman Marcus
Nordstroms
Hanes
Crate and Barrel
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Crate & Barrel
Michaels
Hobby Lobby
Macys
Lane Bryant
Hanna Andersson
BonTon
Kmart
Bed Bath and Beyond
Lowes
Home Depot
Impact Innovations
Greeting Card & Gift-Wrap Lines
Jones New York
Cuddledown
Dicks Sporting Goods
Petmate
Papyrus
The Gift Wrap Company