Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spotlight on BG!!

The more I know of you "guys" - the more I adore you:
Spotlight on BG:

How long have you been contributing to KD?
Around 3 years.

Where do you live? (State, Country)
Kansas City, MO (USA)

When did you realize you had a passion for art/design?
Around age 5

Did you inherit your passion/artistic genetics from someone in your family?
No, but I did inherit my entrepreneur spirit from my dad. This month
I celebrate 20 years working as a self employed artist.

What is one of your favorite design/art you have created?


Why this piece?
Over ten years ago I took graphic elements from one of my logos and created this design. Several
designers said it would make a great rug but I knew nothing about the rug industry. Four years later I got the courage to present it to a rug manufacturer who loved it. This rug design became a top seller and I’vebeen designing rugs ever since.

Do you have a hobby outside creating/art?
I love dancing and have competed in disco, ballroom, and 2-step country dance competitions. I’ve won
trips, money and various prizes. I last competed around 10 years ago.

If you were a color, what color would you be?
Periwinkle Blue

Favorite food?
Mexican

Favorite movie or book?
My favorite movie is Gone With The Wind.

A guilty pleasure?
Eating junk food

If we showed up at your house unexpectedly on a Friday evening, what is something we would nd you doing?
Relaxing and watching tv.

An interesting or funny fact about you that you’d be willing to share…?
I exhibited my designs in NY one year and stayed at a friend’s apt because hotels were too expensive.
Food was cheaper in Kansas City so I ran to the grocery store and purchased tv dinners (4 for $10) and packed one of my suitcases with frozen food. While waiting in line at the airport I noticed everyone staring at my luggage. The hot air around the cold luggage caused a fog and my suitcase looked like it was sweating with lots of smoke around it. I quickly looked at the security guards and told them I was a food stylist traveling with frozen items.

Everyone then was relieved – including me.

Hey, you have to do what you have to do to cut down on expenses.

Again - I thank you all for lending parts of you to Kim Designs.
Hugs and cheer for a great spring Tuesday.