Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spotlight on Marlene P!!


How long have you been contributing to KD? Since 2009.
Where do you live? (State, Country) Connecticut, USA.

When did you realize you had a passion for art/design? For as long as I can remember my parents have encouraged my artistic side, I was always drawing, painting, or sculpting something.
Did you inherit your passion/artistic genetics from someone in your family? My mother has always been very artistic, she worked at a pottery studio when we were children which meant that we always had clay to play with.

What is one of your favorite design/art you have created? 


Why this piece? My taste changes constantly, however this is the first design that I ever sold to a client, so it represents me finally "making it" as a designer.

Do you have a hobby outside creating/art? Currently I am really excited for warm weather so that I can fly kites, tend my gardens, and go hiking.

If you were a color, what color would you be? Probably green. I need to be surrounded by forests to feel at ease.

Favorite food? Zucchini stuffed with quinoa, farro, and chicken sausage.

Favorite movie or book? It's a tie between, The Years of Rice and Salt, by Kim Stanley Robinson and Kafka on the Shore, by Haruki Murakami.

A guilty pleasure? Chocolate covered frozen bananas.

If we showed up at your house unexpectedly on a Friday evening, what is something we would find you doing? Cleaning! I like to do a thorough weekly house cleaning Friday evenings so that I can spend all weekend designing without being distracted.

An interesting or funny fact about you that you’d be willing to share…? When I was teething, the only thing that would calm me was chewing on a large rubber bat from the Halloween store.