Friday, March 30, 2012

Spotlight on Marcela !!


How long have you been contributing to KD?
Since 19 july 2006

Where do you live? (State, Country)
 I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Sorry if I make up english words while I write or make grammar mistakes!

When did you realize you had a passion for art/design?
Since I was in kinder I used to invite my friends to play and each time I asked them to draw with my snoopys as "models". I still have my snoopy sketches from that time.

Did you inherit your passion/artistic genetics from someone in your family? 
My grandfather was a really good painter, and my parents love art too. 

What is one of your favorite design/art you have created? 

The one I didn`t make yet! I`m always looking for that favorite design.

Do you have a hobby outside creating/art?
I love dancing tango. I love photography. I love animals, I help other woman rescuing dogs from the streets.

If you were a color, what color would you be?
Yellow.

Favorite food?
Sushi, dulce de leche cakes, barbacues, pasta, scons, muffins, brownies, lasagna...I can`t decide!

Favorite movie or book?
Notes from underground, Fiodor Dostoievski

A guilty pleasure?
 " E " entertainment Television.....

If we showed up at your house unexpectandly on a Friday evening, what is something we would find you doing?

My kids coming back from soccer, mostly sure they would come with friends, the house would be a total mess and at night  I`ll be so tired that my husband would ask to go somewhere else to have fun and I`ll be begging him to stay home and watch tv or go to sleep early at night.

An interesting or funny fact about you that you’d be willing to share…? 
My husband is a writer and I`m a designer. Although we live in a very competitive world we sticked to our passions from the very begining and succed on making a living from them.
This is the best lesson I think we are teaching to our 3 kids: hold on to your passions and maybe you won`t be rich, but you will be the happiest person in the world.

(Great to know you better Marcela!  Happy Friday everyone).