Thursday, May 10, 2012

Spotlight on Linda P.




How long have you been contributing to KD?

3 years now

Where do you live? (State, Country)
Colorado Springs, CO

When did you realize you had a passion for art/design?
I can't remember not loving art!

In the first grade  I was designated "class artist" somehow and the teacher let me stand at the easel in the back of the room and work during class.

Did you inherit your passion/artistic genetics from someone in your family? 
                        Mom is super crafty and Dad always had an interest and 
                        appreciation of fine art. He was played with it now and then.

What is one of your favorite design/art you have created?  
It hasn't been created yet!
I am revving up the learning/growing gear right now and am still exploring ways to express myself through art and pattern.
Why this piece?
It feels light, airy and I always  and has a playful feel I enjoy.

Do you have a hobby outside creating/art?
                        I spend a good bit of time experimenting and tinkering with new 
                        recipes.

                        I love food and want my vegan meals to  be as yummy as all the 
                        other stuff out there. 

If you were a color, what color would you be?  Why that color?
                        Periwinkle is a sometimes fav because it reminds me of the color at 
                        sunset just before pink turns to blue.

Favorite food?
                        Really enjoying my daily "green" smoothies at the moment.
                        It's mainly because they make me feel so good!

                       Other than that…….anything spicy - curries,mexican, etc.

Favorite movie and/or book?
Recently loved Hugo
Old movies - maybe Out of Africa

A guilty pleasure?
Always chocolate!


If we showed up at your house unexpectandly on a Friday evening, what is something we would find you doing?
I love summer Friday evenings when there is music in the park.

Winter is spent hunkering down with recordings of my favorite weekly TV shows I missed while maybe trying to knit yet another neck warmer/cowl out of that last ball of hand-dyed yarn that I couldn't resist buying.

An interesting or funny fact about you that you’d be willing to share…? 
                        I have a house full of gorgeous yarn but I can barely knit. It's 
                        become a decorating statement of sorts. I just can't resist the 
                        beautiful colors.