Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Question by M.L. / Answer by BG

Hi All,

I am sharing this hoping it may help others for uploading to mykimdesigns.com and mystrikeoff.us.  See below. 

A special note of thanks to all of you "behind the seams" here that help fellow KD contributors out.  Many of you share your expertise in design with those that do not have the immediate information they need to contribute or get a job done.    Like BG has done below with M.L.

Question by M.L.>

Hi there,

I'm running into an issue in regards to resizing my artwork (JPEG photos) to be no more than 648 pix in height or width as requested for uploading to your site, I am able to custom resize them, however part of the image gets cut off. 

I also have not been able to find out what dpi my images are.  I run a mac with iphoto.  Is this going to make it impossible to upload to your site?  I do not run windows or Firefox, as mac has Safari, which is excellent (no glitches), but may be incompatible with what you run.
Sorry if this is a mess, but I've tried to solve it myself with no success.
I would appreciate any help you can offer,
Thank you!
M.L.


REPLY by BG at Kim Designs >

Download photos from IPhoto. Open up photos in photoshop and make sure your document size is no larger than 9 inches square. Save your file for web and save as a jpeg. That jpeg will be 72 dpi.
Make sure your 72 dpi jpeg is no more than 648 pix. Open this low res file to see if pixals are no larger than 648. In other words when you open up your jpeg in photoshop and notice the pixals are 649 or larger then change them to 648. Try to see if this works.
Working with a mac and Safari should not be a problem with images being cut off.
BG


(BG has been contributing to Kim Designs for about three years.  Thank you BG!)