Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spotlight on Anna B.



How long have you been contributing to KD?  since 2011


Where do you live? (State, Country) Carmel-by-the-sea, CA


When did you realize you had a passion for art/design?

I've always loved to make things, but I was lucky that my high school offered great Art and Architecture classes, made me realize that art and design can lead to a career. These were the most important classes at that time, the only ones that challenged me to take work independently to follow my creative dreams!

Did you inherit your passion/artistic genetics from someone in your family?

I am adopted, but my family supported my creative pursuits!

What is one of your favorite design/art you have created?  (attach jpg)

My favorite design contributed to Kim Designs is "Floral Photo Fantasy." 

Why this piece? 


It is a composite of imagery I photographed in the past, the texture is a photo from 2001 of an antique button I bought on Ebay, the flower from 2007. It is the one design I've submitted                                     which shows me how much I have learned technically about designing and working digitally since I first took a Digital Fabric Design class in 2001. I love looking through my older files for inspiration,                                 seeing the visual and creative threads I've followed, and the chance to rework older ideas in to something new. 

Do you have a hobby outside creating/art?

Photography, Sewing, Gardening (started growing my own salad after we moved to California!)


If you were a color, what color would you be?  Why that color?

Purple (Viola). Loved the color on my own but then became really important when I met my husband - he is a huge Italian soccer fan, and his team's color is Viola! Forza Viola!

Favorite food? Tomato Sauce 

Favorite movie and/or book?

Movies -  so many, but at the moment "Rivers and Tides: Andy Goldsworthy Working" and a short film - "Blacktop: A Story of Washing a School Play Yard" by the Charles and Ray Eames, Book - "Invisible Cities" by Italo Calvino

 A guilty pleasure? cookies or cupcakes

What would be your dream job? Artist Extraordinaire!


If we showed up at your house unexpectandly on a Friday evening, what is something we would find you doing?

Walking on the beach at sunset with my dog.

An interesting or funny fact about you that you’d be willing to share…?  

Believe that things happen for a reason, follow the signs! They are there if you take the time to look!